Photos from My Rides


  • Big Bend National Park Texas

    The River Road-2012
  • Flint Hills Kansas

    The Smokey Trail-2012
  • Kansas Ride

    Blue Mound Campout
  • North Wisconsin

    Adventure Trail
  • Dallas

    Commemorative Air Force
  • Headed to Natural Dam-2014

    Arkansas

Friday, January 8, 2016

Cold Weather Wimp

As I age I am increasingly unwilling to get really cold on purpose. Call this experience or call it old age, I hate the cold.  Even with a heated vest and heated grips my old body goes numb.  As a result I am now spending more time inside this winter than normal.

So what does an avid motorcyclist do inside in the winter?  I try to do the winter maintenance on the Burgman and the TR650 each year in the winter. I check all systems, drain and refill the brake fluid, oil, and change air filters.  I also checked the valve clearances on the TR. That sounds easy enough but one must strip the bike just so I could get the valves.  Guess what, in twenty thousand miles the valves are still at spec. Which means I spent 4.5 hours stripping the bike, 1.2 hours checking the clearances and double checking them, and about 4.0 hours putting the bike back together.  Ugh.

So today I decided to find and load Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0.

I found a free copy of the program here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html

Yes it is free and legal presumably because it is a discontinued and unsupported program.

If you use this link make sure you get the serial number of the product or you will not be able to load it on your computer. The serial number is visible after you click your language preference for the download.

So, now I am watching every tutorial about APP 2.0 that I can find so that I can try to understand how to use this awesome program. This should keep me occupied for a while. But, if I get bored with learning this complex program. I have the alternative to tear down my son's chinese scooter and clean the carb so the damn thing will run again.

Stay Warm my friends

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely understand. Even the thought of keeping my driveway clear is cause for shivering.

I have 3 bikes, and winter here in N.H. is time to do maint. and mod's.
I also dabble in video editing. (I use Power Director11) Not to bad to learn, and does a lot.
My Videos on You Tube.. https://www.youtube.com/user/larry3138/videos

Charlie said...

Larry, thanks for your comment. I use Power Director 14 and love it. I have just been dabbling with Premier Pro because everyone raves about it. I find it has a very intense learning curve.

Charlie said...

Larry, thanks for your comment. I use Power Director 14 and love it. I have just been dabbling with Premier Pro because everyone raves about it. I find it has a very intense learning curve.