Photos from My Rides


  • Big Bend National Park Texas

    The River Road-2012
  • Flint Hills Kansas

    The Smokey Trail-2012
  • Kansas Ride

    Blue Mound Campout
  • North Wisconsin

    Adventure Trail
  • Dallas

    Commemorative Air Force
  • Headed to Natural Dam-2014

    Arkansas

Thursday, June 16, 2016

"What I did on my summer vacation with family"

"What I did on my Summer Vacation"

So, last winter my wife and her brother decided to hike one hundred miles of the KATY trail in Missouri. They would walk, I would do everything else. I cooked, did laundry, shopped, and supported them anyway I could. Mostly I drove them and picked them up at various places along their trek. It was a fun trip that involved eight days of camping and two days in a hotel.  

We are back home now trying to decide where we will head next (we have a month off). A genealogy trip to Minnesota was planned but the beach beckons Martha. In any case we are out of here again on Saturday morning. We are regrouping and resting up from the KATY trail adventure. Martha and Dan achieved their 100 mile goal. However, to do it we were up at the crack of early every morning (5am) to get them to the trail to beat the heat. Not being a morning persons the schedule really kicked our asses. As a result we are kicking back for a couple of days sleeping in some and doing a mountain of laundry.

(Sorry for the big photos, for some reason this batch would not resize for me)

So far, we've been to Biloxi for our anniversary (25 years)

On the way to Biloxi (Madisonville, Louisiana)


Ate a few old haunts


So far we've had history lessons



The original "Judgment Tree" succumbed to dutch elm disease and this is the replacement tree.


Winemaking lessons (Stone Hill Winery - North America's largest hand dug wine cellar )



Great sunsets over the Missouri River in Hermann, Missouri



We've hit the Missouri Winery Trail

Augusta Winery


Lost Creek Winery


Stone Hill Winery


We've camped (8 Days)

Babler State Park Near St. Louis


Hermann City Park


Saw Family while we were staying at Babler State Park (My granddaughter Alanna (16) behind the phone, Jen my sons wife and granddaughter Heidi)


My oldest son Michael


We ate and drank at some local joints - The Roadhouse in Defiance, Missouri


Oh, and I got to riding almost everyday! I supported the hikers by bringing lunch via two wheels.

In general we've really enjoyed ourselves. Decisions, where to go next?

No comments: