Photos from My Rides


  • Big Bend National Park Texas

    The River Road-2012
  • Flint Hills Kansas

    The Smokey Trail-2012
  • Kansas Ride

    Blue Mound Campout
  • North Wisconsin

    Adventure Trail
  • Dallas

    Commemorative Air Force
  • Headed to Natural Dam-2014

    Arkansas

Sunday, May 8, 2016

New Bike, Riding Style Changed, Attitude Adjusted.

Attitude improved, what a bike!

Yesterday I rode the "Green Hornet" south of Fayetteville to the Mt. Judea (Mt. Judy in Arkansan).
As I said in my post yesterday, I have decided to give up riding gravel/dirt roads. This bike has made that transition a fairly easy proposition. After my ride I have made some observations about the Versys. Overall I was extremely pleased with the everything about the bike except my seating position. I will have to lower the pegs and do some seat modifications to get comfortable.

The bike performed flawlessly. Great at everything I threw at it. The bike corners extremely well and is very well planted and does not feel vague. The only thing I did noticed that if you enter a turn that happens to have a hump in it's apex then the forks unload after the hump and you have to make minor corrections in course.

I am still in break in mode but I did manage a 75 mile per hour burst and wow, this thing rocks. Twist the throttle and rev's and torque are available everywhere you try it. The ride is smooth, steady, reliable and planted.

I managed almost 57 mpg during "break in" which I feel is phenomenal.  I now have my luggage plate mounted and have ordered a Pelican 1400 case for use as a top box. I wanted something low profile and not wider than the bike. I think this will do the trick.


I also ordered a side stand foot enlarger today and I am thinking about crashbars in the near future. On a brighter note these photos were taken during my ride. What a stellar day to ride.

Highway 374 headed west from Highway 7





 Highway 123 headed North back to the Junction of Highway 16 and Highway 7



No comments: